Monday, August 13, 2012

SHOES! Well, shoes boxes and how to do things with them.

Okay so, I mentioned I love shoes. And it's true!
But there are always shoe boxes left over from the purchase of my delightful feet candy.
So what do to do with them? 
I had an idea!
Well, when you get really attractive shoe boxes, this is a really simple solution that makes great storage.
So, I got 2 pairs of Chinese Laundry shoes for 17 bucks each. Yep, 17 bucks!
And the boxes were just really attractive.




Aren't they pretty??

So I got some mini picture frames from the dollar store.  For yes, a dollar.

I started by removing the kick out stand that keep the picture frame upright.




It's cheap plastic on the back, so it was rather easy to remove. Now that this part is done, glue the kick out stand down to the back of the frame and make sure the frame can still slide easily on and off the backing.  I use craft epoxy, but any kind of sturdy glue will do. I would avoid hot glue, as it tends to peel off smooth surfaces after time.

It should look something like this. I had to cut the kick out stand down to size to fit on the back of the frame. A pair of good scissors or wire cutters will do the trick.
But why are we doing this, you may ask.
Cause I like to mess with people. It amuses me to watch people glue things to other things.

No, really...there's a reason.
You don't want to have the picture frame flush against the box, or the frame won't be removable. You want to be able to change the tag in the front. With the kickstand glued down, the frame will still move on and off the box.

Onward!
Now glue the kickstand and the frame backer to the box itself.
Let this dry for the appropriate amount of time as described by the glue you are using.
SO!
Once your back is totally dry, now you can add a tag into the front of the frame and slide it on.
Like so!



And the finished product....




So there you have it. For one dollar you can make attractive storage out of shoe boxes.
Hey, you need the shoes anyways, you might as well do something cool with their boxes.

Enjoy!

Fun Tip!
Saving bubble wrap can save your sanity. Kids hyper and can't go outside? Give em each a sheet of bubble wrap and let them go to town.
Make a game of how many can be popped in 30 or 60 seconds. You can never go wrong with bubble wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment